For those of you that wear underwire bras- do your bras leave bruises where the edge of the cup and strap meet?

I think about all mine do. If you wear underwire, how often? Everyday? Maybe it is time for a bra fitting or a new type of bra. IDK.

1bizzymommy

Asked by 1bizzymommy at 9:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, and on my rib cage too. I am changing to sports bras. It's too much.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• some of mine do, some do not. just gotta figure out which works best for you. I wear an underwire most every day.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• This should not be happening. I went to Lane Bryant this week for my first bra fitting. I am so happy in my new style and the correct size,
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, mine have done that - I cut out the underwire, it's just too much for me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Hmm...I think I will get a bra fitting AND find bras with no underwire or cut it out. This sh*t hurts!
    1bizzymommy

Comment by 1bizzymommy (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• well it depends on where you get your bras, some run smaller than others; i would think that if your bras are doing this than its too small. but thats just my opinion
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• no
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No, they don't and I wear a 36G. I order all my bras from this site... http://www.bravissimo.com/  The reason why they are bruising you is because you are wearing the wrong size.

US sizes make a bigger cup thinking that the woman is also bigger around.  So if I were to wear a US size, I would need a 40DDDD.  Then the band around would always be riding around and my boobs would fall out of the bottom of the bra causing me to hike them back up.  or I would feel like the band was too loose.

In UK, the size of the cup is not in relationship to the size of the band. They are 2 seperate measurements. I cannot tell that I am wearing a bra most days and they come in colors other than black, nude, and white.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My bras are not too small and they all do that. I shop at Lane Bryant and spend about $40 to $50 for a bra. I think when you have bigger boobs you have more problems with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011