Is it offensive to tell another woman (friend or acquaintance) that there husband is attractive? I always try to say it in a way that's a compliment (so they don't that think I "want" him!) because I don't want them to take it the wrong way.I love it when people tell me my hubby's good-looking, etc., but just wondered what others think.

But, how would a guy take it if another guy said the same thing about their wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It would matter what type of relationship you had with the wife. I am a jeolous person so if someone I did not know well said something I would wonder what their intentions were. But if one of my close friends said it I would understand. I wouldn't go around the neighborhood telling people there husbands are hot but informing a friend is fine.
    Bonnie1977

Answer by Bonnie1977 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I guesse for me it would depend on what kind of realtionship we had as friends...If in the past, (high school, dating days) You had tried to put some moves on my man then yes I would be very upset if hitting on my husbabnd...On the other hand if our friendship was totally solid and there were not any previous Man spifs between us, then NO I would probably tell you "Why yes he is" LOL...No one can really tell you what to say..pretty much based on how your friendship is..ohhh also are you single? Because that could be assumed as you are interested in her husband!!!! But if you yourself are married then yes, I guesse feel free...I know my advice is kinda wishy washy...Guesse just decide on how your friendship is with her and what kind of person she is??
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You could say, you have a very attractive family. You and your husband are a very attractive couple. Don't we girls have the best looking husbands? What a hottie you married girl! Don't worry, I won't jump his bones the next time your at the grocery store and my hubby is a work. Pick one and see how it goes!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Yeah it rubs me the wrong way. I've had one acquaintance say "You'r husband's HOT!" And I was immediately thinking "I need to watch out for her." Not that she would try anything but that it was like a peek into her mind, how she is and what her values are.

I've also been offended when a mom was talking about how hot HER husband was and said something like "You probably wouldn't understand" meaning my hubby wasn't comparable. LOL
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• thats an ify situation some women are extremely jealous and some men are too flirty. so i guess it depends on who they are and how close are you all. My husband thinks he's he the greatest looking guy in the whole world and he really isnt - four eyes and chucky but he's a great guy. And he was skinney when i met him so i made him fat
    REDD77

Answer by REDD77 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If you were having a conversation about attractive men, then no it wouldn't be inappropriate, as long as you said it in a "matter-of-fact" way.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If you are worried about telling a particular person then you probably should not. Keep it to yourself. I'd find in acceptable from some friends, but not new ones and certainly not if you did it in a trashy way.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My friend says "he is a good looking man" It is an observation not a "oh I want your man"! Be careful and say it only when you know them very well!
    cutievibe

Answer by cutievibe at 6:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If an acquantance told me my husband was hot I would be a little iffy about teh situation, but I have had friends tell me, "Your husband is a very good looking man" or even "wow, you got yourself a winner" or something like that...makes me feel good as long as it is acknowledged that I am his wife and they are not trying to hit on him to my face..lol.
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I love it when women tell me my husband is good looking it just makes me feel that much better that they like him and he won't touch them. I married a genuine true blue man who may look but would never ever touch his family is WAY to important to him.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 7:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2008