How long after a miscarriage do you actually start bleeding?

I didn't know that if it was right away or could take weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Right away.
    Anonymous

• With my first, they knew something was wrong and I bleed within the week. With my second, they knew something was wrong and I didn't bleed. My body wanted to hold on :( So I had to have a D&C. If you are asking for personal reasons, I offer you my apologies. You will be in my thoughts.
    jeano23

Answer by jeano23 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it depends on the person, when I lost my son I never bled, but when I had an ectopic last yr I bled for like a month before I found out I was even pregnant
    3lilindians

Answer by 3lilindians at 10:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It varies from situation to situation.. It's a matter of when the signal is sent to the brain to release the hormones that cause the cervix to open up and pass the pregnancy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I bled with the first one and that was the indication that something was wrong and ended up having to have a D & C. With the second one they couldn't find a heartbeat and suggested that I get a D & C, but I just couldn't do it if there was some chance that they were wrong. With that one I started bleeding in about a week and then I miscarried naturally. I am so sorry for you loss. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or just want to talk. Be strong!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I never knew I was miscarrying until I started bleeding both times.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It really depends it could be right away and for some it is months
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It's different with every woman. For me I spotted until I actually miscarried, and after that I had a light flow for about a week and a half to two weeks. I was able to miscarry naturally, while some will need medical intervention.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. (((hugs)))
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 3:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2011