how did you quit smoking?

I've quit twice with chantix. I didn't have any crazy side effects, just kind of embarrassed to ask for it again. But I want and need to quit again. I quit for almost 2 years, then almost a yr. Second time. Hopefully this time is a charm lol. I have patches but they are just too easy to pull off and smoke at the slightest craving. How did you quit?

Astraea_79

Asked by Astraea_79 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• Cold turkey. I just decided I was done and stopped. My willpower is strong when it's something that I really want to do.

Have you tried e-cigarettes? You still get the nicotine but not the 4000 other chemicals that give you cancer. The bonus is that you still get the hand to mouth action. Look into the Super Cigarette.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• one day at a time and a ton of jolly ranchers now i quit but i hate jolly ranchers
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I took a hit off my friends ecig, it was cool and I could really see it working for me because a lot of times ill just want a hit, but lighting a cig you smoke it all. This you can hit and put down. I just didn't know their prices.
    Astraea_79

Comment by Astraea_79 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• DH & I used the patch, & lots of willpower
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I quit about 5 years ago,used Chantix.At the price of those pills no way would I do it again.I do have times that I'm tempted to smoke but I won't go to the store to buy them.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Cold turkey. I just stopped. When I wanted one, I just ignored the craving and it passed pretty quick.
    You can do it!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I tapered off.....fewer cigs every day until my last pack was gone and never smoked again. It was over 7 years ago and I had smoked for about 30 years. You can do it. WHen I was tired of smoking outside in the rain and the snow and felt bad enough ,I decided to quit. I feel so much better now.
    Good luck!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Cigfinity.920-267-2887

These are great..I got mine and never looked back, not one puff in over a year!
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011