would anybody freak out if they found out there teenage kid was smoking pot?

i was just curious, my sister in law has a teenage kid and she found out that he smokes, and she didnt care. idk i would freak out if my teenage kid did.

hello_kitty1

Asked by hello_kitty1 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, because freaking out is of little value in influencing anyone.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• yeah i guess thats true. i probably should of worded that different i dont mean actually scream at my kid. but i would sit down and talk to him about it.
    hello_kitty1

Comment by hello_kitty1 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i would try to not totally freak out but he/she would get in a lot of trouble thats for sure! my parents didnt freak when they found my lil bro smoking pot and he was arrested at 16 and dropped out of school at 17 and now lives off mom and dads money and sits at home and smokes pot all day! but my mom thinks he is just the perfect child *rolls eyes*
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• idk i dont have teens but i think i would just show them where they can end up and what can happen to them if they keep doing this .alot of kids expirement with things but i would deff not approve .i would just hope and pray that they learn and dont do it again
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I know that a lot of teens do it but I would be disappointed if my kids did. No one ever believes me but I NEVER smoked pot, I hope my children chose to do the same.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• thank u guys for ur comments i have a 2 1/2 yr old. and another one on the way and i know its along time from now but eventually they will be teens, i just dont like how my sister in law raises her kids it gets me mad sometimes. she seems lazy at times about punisshing her kids, and she is always out partying on the weekends and getting drunk during the week, she dont seem to pay much attention to what her kids are doing
    hello_kitty1

Comment by hello_kitty1 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• ....freak if they found out THEIR kid......

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

Yes, I would be very unhappy if my teenage kid smoked pot.And if my adult kid smoked pot. Pot is bad. Fortunately all three of my adult kids were smart enough to know that life is so much better and more healthy as a result of NOT smoking pot.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• depends on how much and how often. It's no worse (better actually) than alcohol. And why is th kid doing it? Fun, rebellion, experimenting???
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 10:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• she sounds like she has an addiction problem herself. so if she got help for herself maybe she'd realize her kid has an addiction problem
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't think I would freak out. I'm not anti pot, so I would think that I would try to teach my kids how to be responsible about it. But, they're just 3 and 5 now, so maybe I will think differently when they are teens. My SIL who is 16 smokes, and I've been trying to teach her how to be responsible about it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011