What do i do? My husband left me because of his mother.

So I disrespected my husbands mother because she crossed the line. Long story short she moved into our house, didn't do anything so I told her she had to leave. Well my husband went with her. I'm furious at her but I miss my husband very much. He told her never to get back with me that I am disrespectful to her..........I don't know what to do. OH I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and it looks like hes not going to be around for the birth either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• As rough as this may sound, it is better to raise your child on your own than with a Mama's boy and horrible MIL. Trust me, I've been there an the first 4 years of raising my son were pure hell until I divorced him AND his mother.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Tell me there's more to this story please! I can't imagine a man leaving his wife & unborn child over his mother, to go live with his mother! Somethings missing here!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Any man who leaves his pregnant wife for his mommy is seriously touched! He should be a man and sit down with the both of u and try to work something out. But first and foremost u and his children should be first priority! That is you and your husbands household, not your mother in laws! I believe there should be a mutual respect between u and your mil! Also, what type of mother is okay with her son leaving his pregnant wife?!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Im sorry this has happened to you. His mom didnt make him leave he had a choice. He is a coward. Stay strong for yourself and your baby.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well, I have to say you did the right thing here. You are 33 weeks pregnant, and she should have been helping you more around the house. Now, I'm sure that you weren't asking her to clean the entire house, but just to help out and sadly enough, your husband should of stood beside you instead of his mother. His is your husband and the father to your child and sadly as it may seem, that does override the mother rule.
    I don't know when your husband left, but just give him a few more days. When you do talk to him, make sure he understands that you didn't ask her to clean the entire house or to cook every meal, but after all, you are 33 weeks pregnant and she should of helped out. Honestly, if he doesn't understand that, you are better off without him and saldy, your child will be too. The bottom line is, you Mother-in-law should of had respect for you especially since she was living in your house.
    Good luck!!!
    9tigger

Answer by 9tigger at 11:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• you have to stay strong and positive for yourself and your child
    easier said than done
    but he is being a jerk

when did he leave?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• ive been thru so much god awful stuff in my lifetime of relationships!!so i feel you on this one. it may seeem like the end of the world but believe me , it isnt. if this has happened, believe me-it was meant to happen.if not now when..when you already gave birth to your child, & it was devestating not only to you but also to your cild (to see him go )?! if he chooses to have his mothers back & not yours-then he is no man at all. with all the emotions running high being pregnant & all-you are bound to be extra sensitive right now, so its disgusting that he would leave at a time like that. you deserve better than that.if u dont want better-then dont chase after him-he will come back if he has any sense.if not-then his loss, & you WILL find a better way when the time or right person comes along ! trust me. i didnt believe that. but when u least expect it- it will. & life lessons WILL eventually make u stronger, &independant
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I can't imagine "disrespecting" my mother in law. I can't imagine kicking her out. I can't see why you could not make more of an effort to get along with her. Are you always this high maintenance or is it because you are being a temperamental pregnant chick??? Something tells me that your hubby made the right decision.
    Anonymous

• Why was she living with you in the first place? I'm assuming that he listened to her more than you. I know this feeling all too well. I got away from that many years ago. He needs to grow up, and tell his mother that it's not her decision whether or not he stays in the relationship with you. But, all things aside, you might be better off without him.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• your husband needs to remove the pampers and grow some balls! sorry, but you are probably better off without him.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2011