• In the Spotlight:

What is your cycle like?

Before I had my first child. My friend was on time like clock work. First day of each month. When I had my son(2008), I still got it each month but varies times. When he was 8months old I got pregnant with my daughter. After I had her (2010) I was on bc (seasonique) for 3 months had period....then was on one more month decided to stop because it was making crazy! Hormones and all. So in October I had my friend, then in November nothing....had it again in December...well nows is January and NOTHING! Its driving me crazy. It makes me worry that maybe I could be pregnant but all the home test are neg. We always use condoms ALWAYS! So there is no way I am, unless God has a sense of humor and says BE PREGNANT! I don't know if this is just the way my period is gonna be. Its driving me nuts! I hate thinking "where is it?"

Please don't tell me to go to a doctor. No insurance and its too expenisve. The kids have insurance and thats all that matters!

Anyone else have a werid cycle? Anyone have anything to say make me feel better? lol...(the more answers the better. Idon't want to think I'm alone!)

Thanks ladies!

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• Before my second pregnancy, my cycle was very irregular, anywhere from 24-78 days. Since she was born 21 months ago, I've had a period just about every month since 5 weeks, skipping just 2 or 3 at the very beginning. Not like clockwork, but every 4-5 weeks. So pretty much the opposite of you. It could just be a new normal, no telling. You can always take a test to see, the dollar store ones work just as well as the expensive brands. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Mine has always been irregular. I went on BC at 14 to regulate it. I would go months without having it and then have it for 3 weeks straight. I have been off BC for the past few months and it is still out of wack, not as badly though. Now it comes every 3-5 weeks depending on what it wants to do. Hugs hon, you are not alone. It is annoying as crap.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Something else that might help is charting. You can read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com for good pointers. The biggest thing you'll want to do is chart your basal body temperature (just take your temp every morning before you get out of bed and keep track). It's mainly used by people trying to get pregnant, but I've done it since shortly after getting off of birth control (5.5 years ago) for the main purpose of knowing when my period is going to come. It will tell you when/if you ovulate, so you'll know whether there's even a possibility of pregnancy (if you haven't ovulated yet, you're not pregnant), and after you've had a few periods, you'll be able to tell how long after you ovulate you can expect your period to show up. It's wonderful, coming from someone who has never known when to expect it. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011