First time mom!

Hi!

I've hearing about CafeMom and I'm giving it a go. I just found out yesterday that I'm 6 weeks coming around 7 weeks pregnant, young, scared, happy, confuesd...all of the above. I'd like some first time mom tips, also on how to cope with morning sickness "Ewww!", fatigue, tenderness, what to expect? What are the dos and don'ts? What's right or wrong? You know...The what to knows! I'm new so I don't really know what to do or be a parent, what's your stories. I'm soon to be 19 years young, living with my parents, I have a job, great pay...in univercity, in a good relationship with my Bf. As good as it may seem it's still an fight at the end of everyday because mom and dad don't know. Any comments?

MommyCaution

Asked by MommyCaution at 11:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First, welcome to cafemom, you'll get all sorts of advise here :) Second, congratulations! Did I understand you when you said your mom & dad didn't know you're pregnant? Buy the book, What to expect when your expecting, awesome book, it'll become your bible of information. I refer this book to all new moms.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You're only 7weeks and I would say take it day by day. You are still your parents dependent and if you are able to move in the next couple months that'd be ideal otherwise you need to tell them because as long as you are in their home, they are taking care of you, and they deserve enough respect as to know you are expecting and that an addition to the household is on the way.

Seek prenatal care and keep your boyfriend educated. Have him attend the doc visits, the baby care classes, labor classes, breastfeeding classes, etc.

Also think about how much you are willing to sacrifice for your baby and time with your baby.
    I'm 19 and had my son at 18, and am a sophomore in college, I live with my Fiance, my son is one, and I have remained a FT student and was able to be a stay at home mom for a year. Everything is possible, but I did have to sacrifice so be ready.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• well first of all congrats, and second of you know u wont be able to hide the pregnancy forever so dont you think you should just go ahead and tell your parents that way they have time to adjust and also it would show more responsibility and maturity on your part just to be up front and honest with them, umm of course theres the obvious no smoking or drinking even being around someone smoking is bad so try to avoid it also try not to overload on caffeine and definitely get on some prenatal vitamins or u can take flintstones complete take 2 a day umm i could go on but this is already long u can msg me or or add me im Katie-Beth 23 married and preggo with number 3, goodluck and congrats again
    haymama

Answer by haymama at 11:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thanks Girls!

I'm already on prenatal and my Bf already finished school and is up and working :).
    MommyCaution

Comment by MommyCaution (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I was 17 when i got prego and was living with my dad and step mom i told them they were mad and than a few days later got over it and thats all parents do get mad than get over it just as you will soon learn as you become a parent an i would tell them and explain you guys are ready for this but you should probably do it at a restuarnt so they dont slap you over the head lol just kidding but you will learn alot from this experience and its so much joy from being a parent at the same time be prepared for everything it comes with welcome to cafemom :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Welcome and I suggest you join the natural birth group on here and the pregnancy group as well
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2011