my daughter dont listen and hits and throws thing when she gets mad and i have tried everything i can think of...what can i do?

britt2088

Asked by britt2088 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• how old is she?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Has anything happened to provoke this behaviour? Sometimes this is the only way kids can show you how they feel...so you need to find out what could be causing her.

Just show her you love her no matter what (unconditionally) and try to talk about it once she has calmed down. Do not punish her though.
    Anonymous

• I get eye to eye with my child and tell her that is wrong, and the reason its wrong, and make her repeat or think about why its wrong and let her tell me so she understands. Oh and when were finished we get something taken from us, like free time, or cartoons, what I found kills her more than whooping her or yelling is making her get in a corner on her knees where she cant see anybody and stay there, and the more she crys or yells the time of 10 mins starts over (or 5), well needless to say, I rarely have to put her there, I can just threaten and she goes and does whatever I told her too do or not too do. goodluck
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 7:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• What I do is tell my son that's wrong, and if he does it again, he will have consequences. Ofcourse bein 4 and all, he don't care.... so, I put him in time out, 5 mins, or until he stops bein so vocal i.e. screaming that I;m a bad mommy. Meanwhile, I make a cup of darjiling or a aromatic earl grey tea and start the vacuum cleaner, helps tune him out. Usually after I get done with the front of the house, he's of stopped by now, I'll give him a couple of mins just to make sure. Then I go in there, ask him why he's there.... he'll tell me. By that time my tea is done steeping, add lemon and honey...and enjoy.... If time out don't work somedays, I use my best weapon... DADDY... Good cop/Bad cop... we take turns, it works.... Good luck... :)
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 10:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008