Home remedies for pink eye...

My 8 year old son was sent home from school. The nurse thinks he might have pink eye. I don't really like to take them to the doctor unless, absolutely, necessary so I was wondering if anyone knew of any home remedies that will get rid of it or is the antibiotic drops given by a physician the only cure for it.

Thank you...

Susan0976

Asked by Susan0976 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• I don't know if it's the only cure but I do know that the antibiotic drops work fast. My son got pink eye last year and I was outraged that the drops cost me $30 for a teeny tiny little bottle but his pink eye was nearly gone in 24 hrs so I quickly shut my mouth about the money.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Colloidal silver, I use the Silver Shield brand. It's about $25 for a 4oz container.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• A few drops of any breastmilk if you know someone nursing.
    Anonymous