what to do???

My oldest is a monster,literally when he wants to be,when he goes to his dads he comes back with an attitude that affects everyone around him,his attitude has gone as far as cursing his teacher,flipping her the bird,disrespecting and having an attitude,he has ADHD and is also Bipolar which I am not using as a reason forhim to be doing these things,I am just to the point that my nerves cant take much more,he sees a therapist and a doctor and is on medication so what else is there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• BOOT CAMP!!! EVEN GIVING HIS PROBLEMS THAT BOY NEEDS TO LEARN RESPECT
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...there's something going on with his dad. So here's a solution...talk to him, try to figure out what's wrong, but dont let him off. Take EVERYTHING FROM HIM UNTIL HE ACTS RIGHT...like you sd, I have a cousin who's ADHD and my sister is Bipolar, and my aunt and mother treat them the same as she did with us when it comes to behavior and discipline and they were never behavior problems.
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 3:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• if it is possible, I would take off from work (a week will do, but dont tell him how long!), and let him know you will be accompanying him to class, since he just can't seem to act right at school. I had a friend's mom do this to her, and she NEVER skipped class again, and scared the heck outta us, to where we didn't skip, cuss, or act out at school!) Also if you can talk to the dad, or sit down with all three and discuss what's been going on. ITs definitely something going on at the dad's house, but your son needs to realize he can't just act up.
    YanniSmoMMy

• My son is also ADHD and comes home from his Dads with a temper. It is usually when his Dad has either been fightin with his wife, with my son or his father has been paying attention to his younger brothers and sisters and not him. He also has seperation problems meaning that he feels quility if he comes home and acts like he missed me or loves me. And then sometimes he really needs me to show him extra love and attention.
    Anonymous

• cont.
    Usually I kinda play it by ear or ask him how was his weekend gently. If he talks to me about it usually he is ok and playing a game with him or watching a movie with him and sitting beside of him and giving him hugs usually works. The other thing is if he is upset I just let him have a room by himself to watch tv or let him do something physical(hard work) with my husband so he can get rid of his anger and sometimes being with a man that shows him positive attention helps.I know how difficult this can be. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• send him to a boot camp for kids.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008