bathing a 9 year old

Long story short...
I was talking to women who said she finally found time to "give" her son a bath and that she "can't remember the last time she bathed him".
Looking past the statement that he hasn't been cleaned in a long time. Am I the only one that finds it weird that she is giving her 9 year old boy a bath? IMO, that past approriate about 3 or 4 years ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• WEIRD
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My girls are 7 & 8 and my oldest is just now showering herself. My 7 yr old still needs help with her hair every now and again, but I don't full out bathe them. My 4 yr old though...he still needs help. He seems to think soap and shampoo are bubble bath rather than using it to clean up with. Maybe she meant assisted? -shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Its a bit odd..... I had to help my 8 yr old DD when she broke her foot and we were both glad when she got the cast off!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My son has been showering by himself since he was 5. When he is sick he likes to take a bath and would be so embarrassed if i helped him!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My seven year old bathes herself. That is a little weired!

MamaSin-dRN

Answer by MamaSin-dRN at 5:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My 6 yr old son takes his own bath and has since he was 5. I monitor him the whole time, making sure the water level is OK and the temperature of the water is also so he won't scald himself. And I leave him alone to play with the bubbles and toys in the tub. Remind him not to flood my floor!

His towel is on the rack and floor mat by the tub for when he gets out.....he is good to go. I only help wash his hair with baby shampoo every other night. He lays in the tub on his back or sits up.....wash cloth over his eyes and I wash his hair as I kneel down and his hair is as squeaky clean as he is.

I won't let him take a shower yet cause after 3 times.....he about flooded my bathroom floor hopping in and out for a toy, ripping my curtain....( Im on curtain #3 within 6 months ) ! So ...he lost that privilege for a while.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Did she really mean that she "gave him a bath" or did she mean she filled the tub and made him take a bath?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• All moms a different.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well, I still have to bathe my 5 year old, and the NEED for ME to do it isn't going to change anytime soon. He has some extra needs where him bathing himself is very potentially dangerous.

So, whether or not it's thought of as appropriate, I do what I have to in order to keep my son safe!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2011