Do you make weekly menus for dinner?

I am sitting here trying to think of a grocery list for when I head out tonight. Then it occurred to me, I repeat meals almost every week so this time, I planned out a menu for the week. My grocery list will consist of meals I looked up online and it will have side dishes (I'm not normally big on sides). I've got a menu for the week!

Does anyone do this? Do you make a menu plan for dinner? If so...is it hard to STICK with the menu plan?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 12:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• No, i never have but that does sound better and more organized than sitting in the frezzer for 10 minutes saying "ugh- what am i going to cook today" lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i've tried in the past. i couldnt stick with it. but depends on how good u are at that sort of thing. good luck. its a nice idea, & worth a try
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I go in spurts.... I really should get back to doing it, it does make the day go smoother and less trips to the store.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• no becouse i want diffrent things then whate i put usually lol
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 12:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes. When I go to the store to buy meat I like to figure out what I am making for the week. It may vary from my original menu I had planned out but not by much. For instance, here is this weeks menu:

Sunday: Enchiladas
    Monday: Tuna noodle casserole w/ peas
    Tuesday: Taco pizza
    Wednesday: Chicken fried rice
    Thursday: Chili
    Friday: Meatloaf, cheesy rice, and scalloped corn
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 12:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I tried in the past but when the time came to eat say "lasagna" on Thursday, I would want say"Broccoli cheese soup" instead. I go to the grocery store at least 5 times a week. I have to fix whatever I'm in the mood for THAT day.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have been trying but it takes work. It's not so much sticking to it that's the problem - just coming up with a variety and forming it that is a hassle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I never do
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have been doing this for a while now. It is so much easier when you know what your gonna make and you have already purchased all that you need for the week for your meals. I love it this way. It's fun making up the menus each week and that way you can do something different for each meal and not make the same every week. Alot of recipes have ingredients that you usually have on hand. I have more time to spend with my family and like someone else said, less time standing in front of the freezer tryna figure out whats for dinner! lol
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 8:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I do plan for the week, but I don't necessarily have the exact meal that I planned for any given day. It's all subject to change, and depends upon if the meat I have for the meal is thawed (if I froze it), or what I feel like cooking that night.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2011