the only love i'll ever need...

My husband is filing for divorce next month and I don't want it at all. We don't live together anymore either. Well today I just lost it I have tried to keep myself together for my daughter who is 2. I walked away pulled myself together wiped my tears and walked back into the room. My daughter walked over to me and said mummy no cry I love you I be sweet girl mummy you feel good k? I honestly almost lost it again because the rest of the day she was on her best behavior. Children are amazing aren't they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• they sure are and she will be all the love you will ever need :) your lucky to have her she is lucky to have you
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They are & there is no other love that will ever compete with that
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• thats so sweet. and ur right that is the only love you'll ever need. men are pretty ridiculous. i have been blindsided before too. didnt even see it coming. you & you little girl deserve better
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm sorry hun :( Keep it strong but if you do need to break down your daughter will always be there to cheer you up just like when she is older and gets her heart broken she will need you so she can cry on your shoulders. I am really sorry that you have to go through this right now but just remember something good came out of that relationship; your daughter. Someday you will realize that you don't need that guy and you will see that you do deserve better. Chin up girl :)
    wyattsmomma77

Answer by wyattsmomma77 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They know things even when we think they don't. Definitely a sweetie you have there. G'luck with everything. Be strong...even if you need a time out for tears. You WILL get through this. -Hugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Just remember everyday that she is the most important thing. Don't ever take her for granted.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• aww ...stay strong momma.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• always remember you dont need a man you'll always have your childs love.
    kids give you all the love you need
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• They truly are..You couldn't imagine your life without them.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• And this is why I say people should never stay for the sake of their kids. Kids know things even if you don't think they do. She's sweet and you're right, she's all the love you'll ever need.

I went through that last year and my son is amazing and I tried so hard to keep myself composed around him - even though I wanted the divorce, there were things that came up that hit me emotionally more than I thought they might, or things I never even thought of at all.

Point is, she knows when you're happy and unhappy. She doesn't have to feel like she has to be an extra good girl to make you happy. Because that will start her thinking that she did something wrong to make you unhappy. Tell her that she already does and how much you love her all the time - which I'm sure you do anyway! I just kept doing special dates with my son like we used to on Saturdays, and we did 'sleepover' nights every other Friday in the beginning.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011