I think that this is weird. What do you think?

My mother smokes and has since she was a teenager. She's 80 now. A few months ago, I noticed that she was biting off the filter on the end of the cigarette and I thought that was so gross. I told my sister about it, and she doesn't understand it either. Why would somebody do this? Without the filter, what kind of effects do you think a person would get from smoking it without a filter? I mentioned it to her one time and she told me, "You don't smoke, since when did you become an authority on smoking?" I never mentioned it again.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• IDK. I used to know a man who would bite the end off of his cigar and just chew it then spit it out, never lit up. His dad died from lung cancer. I wish cigarettes would no longer be sold in the USA. Wish they were illegal. But the gov and tobacco companies make too much $ off of them so our loved ones die early, get cancer and health insurance rates go up....
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• A filter isn't mandatory, some people don't like a filter at all, think of cigars, there's no filter. You just get unfiltered smoke.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My husband broke off the filter while he was smoking
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2011