My SO is good friends with his ex gf...

Before my SO and i started dating he told me that he is still friends with most of his ex girlfriends, which is fine because im still friends with a lot of my ex's. but they work out together at the gym once or twice a week, which still doesn't bother me, but today they worked out using wii fit.. meaning they were alone together. it honestly made me a little uncomfortable. i have absolutely no reason not to trust him.. but i cant help but to feel this way.. thanks to a couple asshole ex bf's ive had. should i say something to him? or am i over reacting??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• i know this is gonna sound really bad...but honey- you cant trust noone in my opinion. thats how ive been raised, & so far it ended up being pretty true. i know alot of people may disagree with that..& that is fine. we all have our own way of doing things & our own beliefs. but in order not to get your feelings hurt, thats pretty much a way of thinking to me. u can of course be nice, & give respect where respect is deserved, & give someone the benefit of the doubt until they cross the line. but it just makes sense to always have your gaurd up a little bit when it comes to relationships. especially in the situation youre speaking of. hanging out with someone youve dated, loved, been intimate with cant be anything but risky. thats the way i see it. just talk to him. dont keep your feelings from him. openness will keep things the way they need to be
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• At least you should let him know that the situation is starting to make you uncomfortable, tell him that you trust him but you just can help the way you feel. if you keep quiet because you fear to come across as jealous you might start to resenting him and your mind will make you see things that are not there. Maybe he will ask you to join the workout.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Honestly I think that he is already disrespecting you. I mean working out with an ex? Alone?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You've given him plenty of slack on that chain. Pull it back in a lil bit, before someone gets hurt.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• why dont you join him
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 11:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• He told you in the beginning that he was still friends with his ex girlfriends. At that time, you had a choice whether to accept it or reject it and your chose to accept it. When he mentioned that he was still friends with his ex's, you should've figured out that he had contact with them either via phone or in person still...Now that you're feeling a little threatened by the whole situation, you want him to change and that's not fair....if you think talking to him about your insecurities will help the situation, then go ahead but it doesn't make sense to be in a relationship with someone you don't trust...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't think it's a big deal.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 11:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

^^I totally agree with this
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011