i was a smoker until i found out a week ago i was pregnant . i have not picked up a cigarette since i took the test but i want one sooo bad its always on my mind ! any tips on getting me thru this ?

mommy2b_2011

Asked by mommy2b_2011 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Chew lots of gum. I've never been a smoker, but I think it would be hard... I would probably turn to gum.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Get a buddy(possibly dh or so) to keep you moivated. It needs to be someone who really cares about you and is a non-smoker.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• thanks i'll try gum . its harder at some times than others . when im driving its the worst bcuz its a habit for me to light one when i get in the car .
    mommy2b_2011

Comment by mommy2b_2011 (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yeah me SO is also a smoker and he said that he would quit with me . he helps me thru it most of the time but its still very hard .
    mommy2b_2011

Comment by mommy2b_2011 (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I haven't been a smoker so I don't really know but my mom was. Lots of gum, hard candy, lollipops especially for when your used smoking in the car. Hmm? I don't know anything else. And you SO might want to do that cigarette weaning gum, I don't know what it's called but it has nicotine in it to help out the cravings.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• it is hard...i smoked when i found out i was prego the first time, i quit cold turkey that day. you have to remember that you aren't just doing it for you, but it's what's best for your baby also. life savers or any type of hard candy are good and gum. after a while the craving will pass, but it doesn't really ever fully go away. my DH smoked and still does, so does my sis and everyone in my DH family. i'm now prego with #3, 5 years since i quit, and every once in a while i get the urge to have one. but then i think about it and i don't really want to ever put myself through that again, why should i? i feel healthier and it's healthy for my kids. hang in there, you can get through this. be stronger than the cigarette!

good luck

nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Gum, hard candy, etc. Time will heal the cravings! They also say a craving lasts about 5 minutes so just keep geting through those 5 minutes! Good for you and good luck!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Expect it to be hard, and expect it to stay hard.

You'll find out (maybe to your surprise) that you can accomplish hard things when you want to?

You can do it. Lots of people have (me included).
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't have a real answer, but I wanted to say good luck!
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Everytime you want one rub your tummy and talk to your little one it makes everything all better
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2011