Do your kids......

Make their beds?
When did they start?
Do you insist?
How did you instill this in them?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 1:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• i don't make mine unless i have guests coming...so i don't make my dd make hers either! lol
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well they don't at their young ages(2 and 6) but I will expect the 6 yr old to start doing it probably within the next year or so. I'll just tell the kids they must clean their rooms before they can go anywhere/play etc
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The 11 and 8 yr old do. It started with them helping me do it and progressed to them doing it, I want to say at about 5 they started to help but it wasn't hard to transition to doing it themselves.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No.

They did manage to convey their dislike of top sheets a good long time ago --we stopped using them entirely by the time our oldest was about 6. With nothing but a comforter/duvet, there was nothing to 'make'... and then I read that the best conditions for dust mites is nice and warm and damp.

The best way to keep dust mites warm and happy is to make a bed, instead of leaving it 'open' to air.

No one in our house makes a bed unless the sheet and duvet cover was washed and replaced.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• When mine started school I helped them do it every morning. Then when they were about 6 they did it on their own. I just made a sign in their room that said " when you wake up you need to do three thing. 1. Make your bed, 2. Brush your teeth, and 3. Eat breakfast. Those are the rules. If you make nice colorful signs in their room they will see them and remember what to do. But if they can't read yet, draw or cut out pictures. You will have to remind them but in time they will learn. Now that they are 8 and 10 all I do is ask they if they did it. Hope I helped.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• when kids where little they did but now that they are adults their rooms are their haven
    so i just shut the door
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I only had them make their beds if company was coming over.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Linda,

I love it!!!!!
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2011