What's a good supplement to take for constipation?

I have hypothyroidism which causes constipation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• Flax seed oil. You can buy it in capsule form so you don't have to taste it. Not only do they keep things moving along, they are phenomenally good for your heart.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Fiber also helps with constipation. You can take a fiber vitamin or even eat bran and other things rich in fiber.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Drinking pleanty of WATER, cut out the soda, ice tea and caffinated drinks. Fiber supplements also help as well as eating a diet high in natural fiber like fruits and whole grains.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You should see your primary care doctor, theres medication that you should go on to control your thyroid. Also stool softeners do wonders. And drink lots of water.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have hypothyroid, I changed my iron supplement gentler form and had to go on a gluten free diet to get rid of the constipation. I am gluten intolerant. Kashi products are excellent for this. The kashi cookies and cereals are quite tasty too. Along with all of the other great suggestions :)
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Fiber and water, and stay away from iron and bananas!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• When I'm constipated I take a natural supplement not even a full dosage and it works wonders.
    MiryamSchechter

Answer by MiryamSchechter at 2:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2008