need help on writing polite email...

Hi i want to write email to israeli visa office on behalf of my boss requesting their feed back on visa status. please guide me what could be the perfect email?
thanks.

Asifa

Asked by Asifa at 2:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• First I would check their website to see how long it takes for a visa. If that normal amount of time has passed then I would send the e-mail or check to see if they have info on the website about checking the status of a visa. If you can't find this info then I would send the e-mail. I would say something along the lines of you are inquiring about the visa status of ________ (insert name). The visa was applied for on __________ (insert date). If any missing information or additional information is needed, you may contact _________ (name of person) at ____________ (insert phone number, address, e-mail, whatever is the best way to get ahold of said person).

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:07 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yes the date has passed but why i need ot be very poilite coz the visa has been rejected last year.
    Asifa

Comment by Asifa (original poster) at 2:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• What country is he a citizen of?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• US
    Asifa

Comment by Asifa (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• If he is a citizen of the US then he doesn't need a Visa.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Regarding: Visa Application reference # __________

I am writing to request the current status of the visa application for Mr/Mrs. ThingyBoss, dated Month ##, Year.

I need to confirm that everything necessary has been included and nothing was accidentally omitted.

Thank you,

signed by the boss
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That is unless he is planning on staying for more than 90 days.

http://israel.visahq.com/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• is this the correct email to send? I think it too simple. Please add your comments/suggestions. Thanks.

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.
    I am just wondering what is the current status of application#23456. If you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks & regards,
    Asifa

Comment by Asifa (original poster) at 2:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would go with the format that Linda Clement has suggested but if he is a US citizen then he doesn't need a Visa (unless he will be there for 90+ days). Are you sure you are not getting a Visa and a passport mixed up?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• he's US national and actually he needs multiple visa entry. thats why it is required.
    Asifa

Comment by Asifa (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2011