To all the moms that are trying to get their lil one to sleep through the night..

This is what I did.:: My son Jaydn is 8mths. I have been dying get more sleep though the night. he kept waking up for a bottle (my doc said that he shouldnt be doing it ne more since hes older).So one night i was determined to get him through this hard phase of not wanting a bottle. It took him about 3 maybe 4 tries. He got up crying. sometimes u have to let a baby cry it out. if it annoys you-go to the living room and sleep. thats what i did.  they will learn that instead of "if i cry i get a treat" theyll think "if i cry nothing will happen" i kno its hard letting ur baby cry, trust me. i wanted to jjus say forget it and il try another night. but no! u have to be strong!by the 3 or 4th night, hed wake up whimpering a lil bit an fell back asleep! praise the Lord!so its going on a week now, and hes sleeping though the night. from 10pm-10am!

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let my baby cry it out. He took an hour at first, then it gradually went down. I don't agree with the rushing to their side.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with that at all. I know when my baby cries, while i'm trying to get her bottle, somethime she cries so hard that she starts coughing. I would not be comfortable not being where i could hear her crying in case something happened. I feel better comforting my child. She is growing up so fast as it is, i don't mind getting up with her. Although mine sleeps from about 9 :pm to 4pm gets a bottle and goes back to sleep until i waker her up to leave for work about 7-7:30. But it is up to each mother how she raises her baby. If it works for your child then that is great.
    Anonymous

• well then apparently this isnt for YOU. i said to moms that are trying to get their baby to sleep through the night. if ur not, then dont read it. no1 said for you to try it. theres messages on here for moms that are trying to get more sleep. and if it wasnt for you, then this comment wasnt for u to read. and i kno its up to each mother. what the hell. THIS WAS A SUGGESTION TO MOTHERS THAT ARE HAVING A HARD TIME. shit. dont like dont read it.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• wow and again i'll repeat this my son 4 monthes old now sleeps from 7pm to 7am was never left to just cry it out and he's been sleeping like that since ten weeks. it's not good for them to cry it out it leaves bad psychological impressions. of course i can't expect all babies to be as docile as my son but seriously. i'm glad you are getting more sleep but crying it out isnt good.
    Anonymous

• crying it out is good. i dont kno who u heard that from. but the peditricians ive talked to said it doesnt do harm. it does NO psychological impressions. im trying to raise a man, not a wussy one. it doesnt do nothing to them. it makes them stronger.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my goodness. Not that i should say anything to provoke an outburst, but i don't believe in the crying thing. Another reason is my doctor said it is not RECOMMENDED. But it is up to each mother. IF someone needs sleep another option would be to see if a family memeber could keep the baby for a night if that is possible and the cry out method wasn't a favorite.
    Anonymous

• Wow great English skills. Well in the process of raising a man you are also giving your child abandonment issues. Your 8 mo. old baby doesn't know what it means when you just decide to not answer his cries. Your pediatricians sound like idiots maybe you should read studies from accredited hospitals and do the research on your own instead of asking someone else's opinion. I never said my son was a "wussy" docile is a good thing in a child. Of course I must be doing something wrong since my son NEVER cries, sleeps through the night, crawls, and talks at only four monthes. Go ahead continue listening to your pediatricians I'll continue to look things up on my own and do the best for my child, I've never seen an animal in the wild ignore their infants cry.
    Anonymous

• Maybe no psychological damage, but what about crying until there little throats hurt? My pedi simply said that it is not recommended. But all pediatrician have different opinions of EVERYTHING. Do you like it when you cry hard. I don't think MY child does .
    Anonymous

• Ever think maybe the baby is hungry is the reason they are crying. I mean its not like they can tell you there hungry. When my child wakes up at night it is because she is hungry not wanting to stay up and play. I am not going to let my child CRY IT OUT because she is hungry. That is ABANDONMENT.
    Anonymous

• I didn't become a mom because it would be easy. I became a mom because I wanted to have, love and care for my child. Including at night.
    Anonymous