Do you think that ......

prisoners should be allowed to smoke?
Since it is proven that smoking causes health problems and the tax payers have to furnish health care to the prisoners.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 2:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel like smoking should be one of those trade able luxuries, like congical visits. To give DAs an upper hand. As far as I'm concerned nothing is free and if you deserve to be in prison then I don't feel the need to pay for your cigarettes, your health care, or your burial costs. There is always an advantage to having something to offer a man who you've otherwise already taken everything away from though. I know it may sound cold and twisted but I am a pragmatic realist, and someone has to grease the wheels. Just a thought.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 6:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't think anyone should be allowed to smoke. It should be illegal, we should stop making/selling tobacco. But it will never happen because there is too much $ involved. Whenever you see a problem in this country, you can pretty much always trace it back to $. That's what's wrong with this country-greed. They think with their pocketbook.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• making tabacco illegal would not stop people from growing it anyway..have they stopped growing marijuana?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Oh and I don't care if they smoke in prison or not if the prisoners themselves purchase them then whatever..I'm more concerned with the fact that alot get to have cable tv...internet and other luxeries at our expense.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think prisoners should be the only people who can smoke;)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• lol..if people who are not in prison are allowed to smoke that crap& know it kills u but still choose to, then prisoners can if they want to & are paying for it. but alot of places now have actually banned it from there prisons.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2011