Today I feel like a frazzled SAHM out running errands..How do you keep your sanity and keep it all together by organizing your home and family?

I can use some tips, encouragement! I used to be so organized, but lately, just a few errands seem to turn my day upside down and then I am running around like crazy trying to pick up and have dinner ready, kids bathed and to bed. How do you keep it all together??

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 3:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you think you are going crazy try to do all that and work full time.
    Be happy that you are a sahm..figure it out...
    Anonymous

• I have more respect for women who stay at home and raise their own family than those who work full time and let someone else do it most of the day. Don't bash stay at home moms and at least be brave enough to put your name on your opinion.

I don't know the ages of your children, but if you have older ones make sure they are helping out. My 8 year old can do her own laundry, give herself a bath, make an occasional can of chicken noodle for supper, etc...

My 5 month old twins are totally dependent so I work hard to keep them on a schedule to make the day manageable.

GodFearinMama

Answer by GodFearinMama at 3:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Keep a box/files by door for have kids put school stuff in their own file. Check it later.
    Have the kids help do chores, as they live at home too. A 5 yr old can set the table, or empty a dishwasher onto counter top. A 10 yr old can vaccum etc .
    Running errands, set a time line, tell kids your timeline. Stick to it! Get up and shower, coffee before they are up, and be ready to go, if needed, when the bus pick's up.
    Being a sahm, is about setting time lines and goals to accomplish everyday just like you would at work.
    And remember a great sense of humor go a looonnnggg wayyy! :)
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 3:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008