My 3 yr old daughter still does not sleep on her own How....

Do i make her go to bed in her own bed by herself? I go in my bed every night and we watch a movie and she falls asleep and then i get up and go in the living room. If I put her in her own room and her own bed she will cry and cry and througha fit till she vomits all over herself and the bed then its a BIG mess i have to clean and go threw all over again so what should I do? Please help me please...

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 3:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My lil girl had never slept with us, but she recently started doing this also. I just dedicated 2-3 nights to getting her to sleep in her own room. The first night I sat my her bed where she could see me, I didn't say anything to her, and when she got up I simply put her back in bed quietly, the second night I moved closer to the door, and repeated the same steps. Then by the third night I sat outside the door, and repeated the same steps, and the third night went by so much faster than day 1. It may take more or less days, and too tell you the truth it killed me to see her cry and not comfort her, but in the end it all worked out. You have to stay strong and let them know you mean business, but without saying anything to them each time you put them back in their bed. Now she sleeps in her bed and without a fuss. You will have plenty of time to cry yourself to sleep once they are asleep( I did plenty myself)!
    ShellHall

Answer by ShellHall at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Wow. I would say sleep in her room a few nights like on an air matress or sleeping bag or something then gradually push yourself closer and closer til you're out of the room . Maybe give her a t-shirt of yours to sleep with or something else of yours and let her know it's yours for her to sleep with. You could also try putting a night light in there and a baby monitor that's in her room and yours. Let her know that if she needs you she can tell you on the baby monitor but that you want her to learn to sleep alone. It sounds like she's having security issues.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i know that a lot of people will have issues with this but if she doesnt already hae one try a tv with a dvd player. shes used to watching movies to fall asleep to. maybe get a chair to sit in by her bed and hold her hand while she lays down in bed. Does she wake up at night?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011