How do you know when you're ovulating?

I actually need to know the days BEFORE I'm ovulating to plan everything all out. I know about the ovulation kits but don't want to spend money on them. I know about cervical mucus but I need to know like the exact days. I want to be able to pinpoint on a calendar that on such and such date I will ovulate. How many days do you ovulate? Also I have irregular peiods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• google search ovulation calculators I think that it is worth buying OPKs they worked for me
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• OPKs are great for this I used them
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There are programs for your computer where u chart your cycles and they will predict when you ovulate based on your past cycles. It's worth a shot.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There is no way to know 100% for sure before you ovulate, but there are ways to have a pretty good idea. OPKs are good and so are the ovulation calculators if you have fairly normal cycles. You only ovulate for a few seconds since ovulation is technically the exact moment that your body releases the egg. The period a few days before and after ovulation you can get pregnant though since both the sperm and egg live in the body for a little while.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• www.ovulation-calendar.net
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Charting cervical mucus is the MOST accurate way of detecting when ovulation will happen and BBT charting will CONFIRM THE EXACT DAY you ovulated.

There is NO MORE ACCURATE WAY other than ultra sound every single day.

Computer programs, ovulation calculators, online calenders...ALL Of those things are inaccurate for MOST women. They do NOT know YOUR body.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and you will learn to pin point the EXACT day of ovulation through CM, CP and BBT charting!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Where do I go for that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2011