Are you going to use a doula?

Are you going to use a doula for your birth? Do you know the benefits to using one?

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 5:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wanted to with my past 2 but couldn't afford one
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There are many that are uncertified or in training that will do birth for very cheap if not free and others will barter for goods and services, my doula bartered with me I paid her in fish and game meat
    truealaskanmom

Comment by truealaskanmom (original poster) at 5:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had a doula since DH was deployed for DD's birth it was a wonderful experience!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 6:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• a friend of mine did with her 1st and <3ed her! IDK the benefits really just that they had an all natural home water birth....
    Mrs.Mixon

Answer by Mrs.Mixon at 8:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I didn't have a doula but I had wonderfully supportive midwives. I am actually studying to become a doula and someday a midwife. I didn't have hospital births but I've attended two and I can't imagine birthing there without an incredible support team.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011