Are you planning a natural childbirth?

If so what are you doing to prepare who is your support team where will you birth?

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 5:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I always want a natural birth. My support team will be dh only. I will birth this time if I can at home but it will most likely not be an option for me. I bleed way more than I should during childbirth(at transfusion level but they never gave it to me) and I've had 1 c-sec and 1 vbac
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• you can still have a midwife attend homebirth midwives carry the same medications that are at the hospital for bleeding and also taking a bite of your placenta is a sure blood stopper
    truealaskanmom

Comment by truealaskanmom (original poster) at 5:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• a bite of your placenta?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• yep it sounds gross but if you are bleeding heavily the best way to stop it is to take a bite of your placenta the hormones work fast and are very effective
    truealaskanmom

Comment by truealaskanmom (original poster) at 5:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yup, I had an epidural last time, but it didn't work on me (since I have scoliosis and my lower back is curved, they couldn't get it right). But, my doctor thinks I am going to have to have a C-section since my baby is breech :( I really hope she turns.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• when I get pregnant this time yes. My first was almost natural...I did give in and get some pain meds via IV during the last couple cms....the next baby I hope to deliver at this birthing center near the home with a midwife rather then a hospital
    Mrs.Mixon

Answer by Mrs.Mixon at 8:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had two natural hospital births with a wonderfully supportive midwife and DH. If there were birthing centers nearby that is where we would have gone, but sadly nothing. We are not planning anymore children for awhile, but if it happens then I am likely going to have a home birth this time. I bleed pretty bad with my first birth , but was fine the second time. The only intervention I had was pitocin AFTER giving birth to try and help the bleeding. I also try to inform people of their options and give them recommendations on books to read other then the mainstream ones. There are few positive birth stories out there so I try to share as much as possible.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011