I drink alot of water daily but my throat and my mouth is always dry

I drink water to stay hydrated instead of sugary drinks like pop and koolaid but my mouth and throat tends to be dry all the time.and i dont know why

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:38 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Health

• I would ask your doctor about it. You could have chronic dry mouth and throat.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 6:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• There are a lot of reasons you could be experiencing dry mouth and throat. Environmental, physical, and physiological.

Some physical things that you can take note of are... you water intake, you should be drinking at least 8 - 8 oz glasses of water daily. Look at the amount of electrolytes you are consuming to as these help you maintain actual cell hydration. That is just the MINIMUM amount of water you should be consuming as well (that's considering that you are of average weight, middle aged, without health problems). If you drink a lot of dehydrating beverages like caffinated sodas, coffee, and some tea - this could also affect your hydration. Take a look at your sodium intake too, if you intake a lot of sodium you need to drink more water and cut sodium to balance yourself back out. Another environmental thing you can look at is the quality of air in your house. Is your dryness worse in the morning? Maybe it's your...
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 7:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• ... furnace. You can look into getting a humidifier or if your furnace has a built in humidifier you can make sure it has an adequate water supply.

If you don't think it's any outside factors you may have one of several medical conditions linked to dry or cotton mouth. These syndromes include things like the auto immune disorder (that runs in my family) Sjögren's Syndrome. You want to make sure you've eliminated outside factors so that you can take that information to your doctor who can help you figure out what's really going on. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

BTW, I know it sounds kind of yick but if you want to determine whether you are dehydrated you can usually tell my your urine. If it's darker and more potent smelling those are signs, so are sunken veins, and in severe cases a faint/weak feeling and irritated eyes.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 7:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• has your water been checked? i hope it is good water, i am so big on water, i think i drink too much, alwas have water!!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2011