What was the last major mess your dog got into?

I have two larger dogs.

One of them took out all 5 violet plants and had them spread thru out the living room. For some reason they were left inside while our teens and SO went outside. I wasn't here and not sure why they didn't take them out with them.

The other dog decided to run outside in circle during a brief muddy warm up between snow. He not only dug up the yard he was running so hard but he is a blond dog who was black by the time he was done. Not sure what got into him. I yelled and yelled to try and get his attention and it didn't work. He is 87 pounds and there was no way I was going to try and stop him physically!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pets

• A skunk, but lucky for me she doesn't live with us so I didn't have to clean her up lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Nothing, I do this funny thing called training my dog.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• oh my. well my dog got in to the garbage the one day we forgot to put the lid on, but other then that mine are too old to really want to be mischievous! lol

JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 7:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Our dog occasionally decides to get into the garbage...we usually put it out before we leave but if we forget, we can be assured that we will have a nasty mess to clean up when we get back!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My dog got into my DD's diaper pail. Yeah YUCK!!!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Months ago our puppy got shut into our room. I have a king size vintage headboard, it's velvet and padded. She chewed and scratched a giant hole in the middle of it! There were shreds of pink velvet, foam and other type of padding material EVERYWHERE.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• When I was a kid we had a dog that chewed the wallpaper off. That's the worst thing I can remember, I think we had 1 dog that was a family dog, and my brother had two.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Touchwood my puppy has been really good. He's 6 months old now and although sometimes he rips up paper and things if i've left something lying around, he's never chewed any furniture or anything. But then again, he's got lots of toys and we keep him busy with walks and training so he's not bored.

He does steal things though...socks, pens and glasses cloths. Those are the main things he will always grab and run off with. HE will ignore most other things...its like he cant resist those. HE knows he's not allowed them though, but he enjoys this game...so we're working with him on that.

Last month he went through a phase of climbing under a chair to get to the book case and then chewing both the bibles on the book case. Of all the books, it was the bibles he ripped up.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 10:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It's a toss up between tipping over the trash (NEVER do that, must've been something good) and not waking us up to go outside last time the one had diarrhea (ick).
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Our dog started getting into the trash when we moved to our house about two years ago. The trash had always been kept in the pantry prior to our move. It was promptly stored the pantry again. So, yeah, that mess was almost two years ago. She's a good dog.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 10:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011