How many teens do you have learning how to drive?

I have a son (17) who will be finishing his drivers training and getting his license soon. A daughter (16) who just started and a stepson (14) who will be starting this summer!

I don't quite agree with my stepson starting this soon but it isn't my decision.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• We have one - our oldest DD is 15 and is studying now for her learner's permit.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 7:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i dont even want to think about my kids driving. the rule in my house is they can take their permit test at 17 not sooner. mine are only 8 and 9 but my daughter keeps letting me know what cars she likes best and which one she is saving for... sigh...
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 7:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My 21 yr old twins went through driver's ed and then a full year of driving on their permit then get their licenses together and it all started the year they turned 16 per our thoughts on their readiness for driving. NC requires you to take drivers ed if you are under 18 and just starting to drive. You can take it as young as 14 ½. The twins were ready at that age so we made them wait til they had turned 16. Then in NC you have your permit for a full year before you can take your license driving test., so they were 17 before they had their DLs.

My daughter will be 16 Sunday and has had her permit for almost a year as she was more mature and responsible than at 15 than her older brothers were.
    We have a son that will be 14 in July and we will wait to see if he'll be ready for his permit at 15 or wait til he's 16. Our kids know that it is OUR decision based on their personalities, school grades, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• mine is 18,.,,., and has no desire, i had no desire either!!, he did get the first license,, the g1 here in canada..... well now he is taking drivers ed through school for cheaper insurance for us!, it costs 650.00,,,,, but he will pay for half as he has a good job and has loads of money in the bank,,,, will i want him to drive my car????? HELL NO!!!!!!!,,,, will he drive hubbys tahoe?? HELL NO!!!, ha ha, i know so many of his friends and kids we know who have been in very serious car accidents, some are dead,,, does this make me terribly nervous?? HELL YEAH!!!, thank god we did not move to the country like we wanted to!!!!!!, he can walk to school,. walk to work, and thius is good,,,, breathe in and out, ha ha
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 8:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We have one who has his learner's permit. He has been driving supervised for 6 months and will probably get his license as soon as he turns 17 in July. My older son is turning 18 in May and has had his license since just after his 17th birthday.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 10:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• None!! He has another year before I will allow him to take drivers ed and get his temps and only if he has a B average.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My olderer Amy turned 16 a couple months ago and we are just now starting to teach her to drive, or rather her father is starting to teach her to drive because I don't want to be the one to do it. Even so, she won't actually be getting her license for a while and even once she gets her license she wont be doing much driving because we are definitely not getting her a car any time soon.

JanelleEmommy

Answer by JanelleEmommy at 12:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My 17 year old twins have no interest in learning how to drive and they have a car!!! Go figure!
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• One. Our fifteen year old had the classroom portion during the first ten weeks of PE; she starts four weeks of range this Saturday, which will be followed by four weeks of street.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• 1 w/ permit and 1 w/ liscense
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2011