When Michele Bachmann says " I want people Armed and Dangerous"

over Obama Tax Plan, is she being responsible? Yes, she has freedom of speech, but don't you think statements like this hurt the GOP image?

Justmom223

Asked by Justmom223 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/23/michele-bachmann-i-want-p_n_178156.html
    Justmom223

Comment by Justmom223 (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• JLL's favorite movie was Loose Change - the 9/11 Conspiracy documentary. Don't you think feature-length fills filled with 90 minutes of statements like THAT hurt the Dem image?

Seriously, you're about 4 days late for the "lets blame everything wrong on the pubs" party - even the media is starting to figure out they screwed up. Digging up 2 year old HuffPo slag pieces isn't doing you any favors.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• So you think people, democrats, republicans, or independents couldn't be more responsible in the words they choice to get their message across?
    Justmom223

Comment by Justmom223 (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• NP this article was in TODAY'S huffington post!
    Justmom223

Comment by Justmom223 (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think someone who is disturbed enough to shoot a crowd full of people is just as likely to be influenced by Catcher in the Rye as they are by some political talking head. Actually, they're probably MORE likely to be influenced by Catcher in the Rye, because they are too delusional to bother reading bullshit like HuffPo or watch idiots like Beck and Bachmann. Do you think it's irresponsible to allow free access to all literature on the off chance someone decides to act on their delusions?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Did you not even read your own link? The date is on the byline of the blog AND in your URL

Michele Bachmann: I Want People "Armed And Dangerous" Over Obama Tax Plan

digg facebook Twitter stumble reddit del.ico.us

March 23, 2009 03:45 PM

I Like ItI Don’t Like It

Read More: Bachmann, Bachmann Armed And Dangerous, Barack Obama, Michele Bachmann, Michelle Bachmann, President Obama, Washington/United States, Politics News

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• – collapse
    I understand what you are saying OP. I understand why you pulled the article even if it is a bit outdated. You pulled it because people would ask for proof. Good for you for being armed and ready with proof.

Statements like this will hurt all sides anymore. People scream that we need to be careful what we put out there when we type on social forums. The same goes for our politicians when they are in the public eye. They need to quit trying to cause problems and arguments and work on why we put them there in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 (hidden) + expand

***

^^^ THIS!!

bowing down

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sorry, I disagree, I think this should be a WakeUp call for ALL politicians.
    Justmom223

Comment by Justmom223 (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• She was speaking figuratively meaning armed with knowledge. This is quite evident in the context of the rest of her statement regarding the job killing cap and tax.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011