Ignorance, Native -Indians, GOD,...

Why so much God/Indian ignorance, Is it really so easy to believe God left Indians out of the Loop of his children? That missionaries came here, forcing removal of kids from parents, beating kids for speaking their own languages,......all in name of God.
Indians already knew GOD/Creator and just as in this time of age, some worshiped God, some used other types of religion, --Are all Christians true to God or just call themselves a Christian? It is no different today than it was in past. Since the day Adam and Eve raised kids, some follow, some don't. The oral history proves GOD was known and praised/worshiped long before any new settlers here.

kingkongsmom

Asked by kingkongsmom at 8:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Seems like the answers are smushing together too many historical periods. There were Christian missionaries coming here before there was any such thing as a U.S. government.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 10:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Just because it was in the name of God does not mean it was God's plans or wishes.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Eskimo asks, "If i did not know about the bible and God would i still go to hell?" Priest says, "No, you would not".
    Eskimo replies, "Then why did you tell me about it?".

LOL! Another CM member posted this joke, loved it!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think what they did to the Native American Indians of this country is a dispiscable part of our history. It always bothers me tremendously when I think about it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have a hard time with Christianity because of this. Things happened to my step dad and to my bio dad. It was horrible and hidden behind a veil of the church. So many native children hurt, families ripped apart. I never believed that the church as a whole had the best interest of native people at heart. I do believe in the Creator aka GOD. He has been part of my life always.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Do you all have a hard time calling yourselves Americans based on our shared history or do you believe its just the Christians that should shoulder this shame?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i'm just saying..ya can't blame it on xtians or missionaries. we talk about hitler/jews as if the world's never seen such atrocity. HELLO! the US government is no better, then or now.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• much of the persecution of Native Indians was done by the U.S. government--

ALL of the persecution was sanctioned by the US government...some happened to be of xtian faith, but as we're always reminded, not all of 'our' founding fathers were xtian... BA-DA-BUMP!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Right Whimsee, there was persecution before the government was formed, but the government did a lot more damage and destruction than the missionaries before them.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 10:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yup they sure do.. They DO NOT interfere with how they worship and respect their beliefs of the Creator. My church is radical and dont do hymns! We shout and rejoice and weep and shake and give Him all the glory and praise to His name and we have a drum circle that does intercession and we even have the drummers play with the worship team sometimes and we have shofar blowers and yeah we are not your dead church by any means. It is very alive and Holy Spirit led. We believe in meeting people where they are at and that is what they do with the First Nations as well. We have several who are first nation descendants as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011