Excuse me, does anyone have a snow plow or salt truck I can borrow?

Okay so my county in Ga. is on day 3 of no school and tomorrow isn't looking any better. The neighborhood roads are solid ice. I really really want to go back to work now! It's been 6 days!! I feel my paycheck disappearing as we speak!!! I have missed 3 days that's almost 200 dollars out the window. I am part time so no vaca. pay, it's just gone. Help me!!!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am sorry. Hope you are dug out soon.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm so sorry.

One of my DH's vendors is in Atlanta, they haven't worked for two days. I hope they get the roads cleared soon!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'm in Atlanta...me too. This whols city is shut down, we can't even drive down our street (very narrow, windy & on a hill) I'm going CRAZY! DH has been off work too. DD is stuck at her dads
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I just had to come back on here & reitterate to everyone how messed up north GA is right now...LOL! Ice on everything, no salt trucks & a bunch of southerners freaking out! I think i will be walking to the bar later. I'm seriously going stir crazy!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i am in CANADA, i shovel at least 3 to 4 times a day,,,, no snowblower here, it is good exercise!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 8:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• This makes me laugh. I live in a town that is completely block off the radar in wyoming and we've got so much snow my school bus was snowed in. We haven't missed a day of school, and we very rarely do for the weather. Our roads have been solid ice since the last snow fall over the weekend and the temp yesterday warmed up to -12 today we might his 5 above. I've been reading the news about how hard they got hit in the south and what not and it's just funny to me because we get hit like that 6 or 7 times a year or more and you will never read a news story about us.
    Granted I realize that you guys down there are not equipped for it, so I hope you are back to normal soon. Good luck!
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 8:43 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We're not equipped for it Quentin. There are terrible accidents everywhere out there. The streets are a solid 2" of ice & people down here don't know how to drive in it (some think they do know how). Atlanta is s huge city, not a small town. It's like the armageddon here. And it's not going to melt any time soon, the temp is getting colder.

Here is a guy in Atl, ice skating on the street.

http://www.vimeo.com/18654578

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Friend of mine from school lives down there now. She's terrified to leave her house. She knows how to drive in it, but that doesn't matter much when you're the only person on the road who does.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We are getting the snow now that was in GA earlier, it is coming down like it is down poring rain but it is snow. I hope you get out soon, we should be cleaned up by tomorrow morning.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 10:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Oh believe me, I know that you guys are not equipped to deal with it. I spent a year in Missouri and they got a bad ice storm and it was amazing how people reacted to it. They were over a week out of school and it was forever before things were cleaned up. I wasn't trying to belittle you all for having a rough time of things, I just think it's crazy how we live with it for 9 months out of the year and it's never a big news story, and when it happens for a couple of weeks down south it's a big deal, but I do understand. No harm intended!
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 11:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011