Any one has a Sleep number bed?

I'm interested in purchasing a Sleep Number bed - the 3000 model and wanted to know if anyone has this bed or know of someone who does. Any good or bad opinions, thoughts, etc. are appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I had one and spent close to 2000 on it. I HATED IT!!!!! The 1st 3 months were okay but after that it was just miserable. I finally sold it and only got a lousey couple hundred bucks for all my trouble!
    redheadedmommie

Answer by redheadedmommie at 3:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My parents have them in the extra bedrooms and when I visit it's the best damn nights sleep I've ever gotten. Wish I could afford one for my own house.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• We had one though I don't remember the model. At first, it was great. I think that's because our old mattress was so bad. Then my hubby's back really started to hurt and my head hurt. For him, if he pumped up the mattress enough so it wasn't sagging in the middle (like a hamock) then he rolled off the sides (like trying to sleep on a beach ball). For me, I have no idea what was wrong except my head really hurt - not a headache hurt but a sore spot on the scalp type thing. We finally bought a new mattress and stored the sleep number one. We pull it out for guests.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My sister and her husband have had one for years and loved it. So much so, that when they had to live with us a few months this past summer while he rec'd cancer treatment, they brought the bed here to my house! And they left it in our guest bedroom and ended up buying a newer one for their house. I'm sorry, I don't know the model #. I KEEP FORGETTING TO GO UP THERE AND TRY IT OUT! But all our guests have enjoyed it. We have a tempurpedic and are in love with it so I can't imagine me like the sleep number any better. The one thing they loved about it is how easy it is to break down and transport and the 'mattress' is so light, it's a breeze to change the sheets, that I can vouch for. Good luck!
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 7:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My parents have one and love it, though I have a negative: it deflates (or something of that nature) during the day, so if you try to flop down on it...well, it's not comfy!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008