Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a serious issue or am I over reacting? Please help.

My 7 yo came home today and told me that this kid in her class had been touching her 'down there'. I think this is absolutely awful and my first response was to get terrified and consider withdrawing her from that school, what dyall think? Please advice!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (12)
  • CALL and talk to the principle ASAP!!! Without delay!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • I would contact the school about it. Most def. You are NOT overreacting.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • Serious issue!!! I'd go in and talk to the teacher and principal ASAP - your child may not be the only victim! Ask your child to find out "how" this happened (i.e. WHERE was the teacher?).
    Pulling her from school? That's up to you and whether you are willing to pay for private or homeschool, but if that's what you need to do to make sure your child is safe, then so be it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • contact the school - yes, withdraw her without letting the school address the issue - no. I would take her in tomorrow and talk to the principal and require that the offending child be kept away form your daughter till the issue has been investigated and resolved.

    Answer by teri4lance at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • It is a serious issue bit I don't know if it's one that warrants pulling her out of school. Step number one is to talk to the school about it. Call her teacher right away and set up an appointment. You might want to request that the principal be present so that everyone is aware of the situation.

    Answer by sillyt at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • i guess i would take my daughter with you to the principle and discuss it and if things dont get resolved, call police, but you still need some proof

    Answer by americansugar80 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • I would seriously talk to the teacher about having the girl seen by the school theripist. I had a problem with a boy saying things to my little girl so I went to the teacher. We found out his parents were so out of it that people have had sex in front of the boy. You never know what these poor kids see at this age. I could tell you some stories. Just keep in touch with the teacher or if you have a parent adviser they always can help. My is the best I talk to her about everything even my home life.Good luck and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. It is hard these days just keep faith.

    Answer by SashaDay81 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • Talk to the school and maybe switch her class, and have a long talk to her about it and make it clear that no one is to touch her like that if ther do no matter who it is she is to yell her little head off until someone comes to help her Wow makes me want to home school

    Answer by Jenlos at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • Kids explore at this age. Tell the teacher and she will talk to the kids.

    Answer by sarahjohnson16 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

  • It is part of growing up. Obviously you must tell your child it is inappropriate and NO ONE EVER EVER is allowed to touch anyone elses private parts. If it happens again I would go to the teacher and principal and have them speak to the parents about this. Good-luck.

    Answer by jerseymama611 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.