Ok so this is way TMI

Okay so I found a lump on my lip, not the lips on my face. What could it be, its really hard and sore when I touch, its maybe a 1/3 inch in diameter. I am married never been with anyone else for 10 years. Sorry TMI but wanted to ask what it could be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• did you make sure its not a pimple?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• could be a cyst.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no its not a pimple i am sure
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a skin cyst. I would go to the dr to have it checked just in case. I know I freak out when I get anything out of the ordinary down there and then it turns out to be a small cyst or an ingrown hair!
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is probably an infected hair follicle. You can try and pop it with a clean sharp needle so the pressure it taken off it and the pain will go away. OR you can go to your Dr and let them look at it, and they will probably do the same thing, unless they think it is something else.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I got one when I was pregnant, and I wigged out...my husband and I had only been with each other! It ended up being a sevaceous (sp?) cyst, and my doc said it would keep coming back. It burst open two weeks after I delivered and hurt like hell, and doc said I should take a bubble bath in Dreft! It actually ended up feeling really good, and the cyst hasn't come back yet!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thanks ladies, goin to dr to check on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2008