• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone here TTC #2 when your first is one or younger??

My DH wants another soon, and I'm actually (as crazy as it is) starting to agree. I want our kids to be close enough in age that they can grow up together, even though I had always said that I wanted #1 to be preschool age when we had #2. I'm just afraid of possibly having 2 in diapers, having a newborn & a toddler in the terrible 2's, etc.

Anyone trying to have your kids 18months- 2 years apart? If so, what are your reasons?

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 3:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My 2nd son and my 3rd son are only 18month apart. We decided to have another one when my 2nd son was 9 months and had no problem. They are no 9yrs and alomost 8(next week on the 18th). They are very close to one another and share a room. They have a hard time sleeping when the other one is not there. They have very different personalities but they get along great. My 4th is a girl, her and the 8 year are 22 months apart. They have a love hate relationship. They do play together, but they also fight. I think it is great to have them close together. They always have some one to play with.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My babies were close before her first B-Day in Jan. I concived my son in Dec. They might fight but I think all brother and sisters fight. My Daughter-In-Law has a 1 yo as of last Sept. and just told us she is about a month or two along. Don't be scared but you do need to talk about it with your DH neither one of us tried to have ours so close it just happened. But look at it this way if some can handle twins you can do it. And look at Jon and Kate they have 8 LOL Have faith in yourself you can do it if you are sure that is what you want. Good Luck
    SashaDay81

Answer by SashaDay81 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• idk about all that, I'd definitely wait till the older one is potty trained.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I got pregnant, when my daughter was 1...she is two ....now...since oct 27th,

I dont have a reason for "getting" prego other than, we wanted our kids close in age,
    they can be together in school, their ages wouldnt hurt us at all. getting the baby days over and just living an everyday life with your kids, i suppose is why

she will be born in dec my 2nd baby...and thats all were having one,

By the way...My two year old kind of has the hang of the potty training thing, so she will not be in diapers long,
    She wears underwear most of the day, so start with your child now ?? with the training, if you have not already..

good luck
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My 2nd daughter was born 3 months before my oldest was 2. So I was pregnant when she was a lil over 1 (I think) I just missed having a new baby. Now my youngest is 20 months and I'm pregnant again...I'll have this baby 2 months after my little one turns 2
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 10:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• ok so i recently found out i'm expecting baby number 2 and my first was only 7 months old!! i'm terrified..but the reason we wanted to do this was because 1. i love babies and i'm insane..2. we wanted our kids to be close in age and get the whole diaper thing over with... and 3 my own brother and i are the same age apart and we always got along growing up it's nice to have someone your age to play with... gl
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008