Is an addiction to porn grounds for a divorce?

I've known that my husband watches porn for a long time. I've never had the nerve to say anything to him until now. Just recently we've been arguing over several things and I realized that my harsh feelings toward him steam from this. So, I had to tell him...I had to clear the air. Now that it's out there, I don't know where to go from here. I'm seriously not feeling any better about it since we talked. My feelings are still the same. Where do you go from here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Whether it's porn, cheating, drugs, drinking, etc. If they are doing something to hurt you, they know it hurts you and they dont care.. do you really want to be with them? When you ask your man to stop doing something because you dont like the way him doing it makes you feel, and they refuse to stop then the porn is no longer the issue. It becomes a matter of respect. And it shows how much they care for you. Now also that isnt black in white. Marraige isnt just my way or the highway. You have to leave room for compromise so it really depends on how big of an issue it really is to you. If you "kinda dont like it" or if "it makes you feel like less a woman and he doesnt want you when he watches it and you feel almost cheated on" then those are two totally different arguements.
    Anonymous

• i dont think theres anything wrong with that especially going to the extenet of a divorce, that is seriously ridiculous, i think u should just bang him with the porn on believe me it will be more interesting and u'll orgasm faster;]
    Anonymous

• NO, why not seek counseling first? I wouldn't end my marriage over that but try to fix it.

Anonymous

• Don't divorce over that maybe marriage counsling could help.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well apparently some action is needed. did u just vent your feelings or did you agree about boundaries? is the porn just a scapegoat?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• if my dh wanted to watch porn all the time i wouldn be ok with that. We enjoy each other, we dont need to watch porn to enjoy sex. I think it is nasty and my dh stopped watching it once we got together because he respected my feelings on it. Now if you like to watch it togeter then that is a whole different story. I think if he cant respect you on the issue then it is clear what is more important to him. i say do what you think is right, if he wont stop and you have explained to him how you feel then fix the problem how you feel is right. wether it be seperation or divorce. maybe if you separated he would see that you are serious. if that doesnt work then clearly he doesnt care at all.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It makes you wonder if you are not good enough.why would he need to look at other women all the time if you were?(that is how I feel about it)Every person in porn is someones daughter or son who is making a decision they will regret later.I would give it a good try with counseling before getting divorced over it.But if it doesn't work, that still may be your option.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If you want him to stop watching it and he does then you can go from there...if he won't give it up or starts to sneak it.....been there done that....got the divorce t-shirt. I would talk to him first and tell him you want him to stop and see if you can work it out. Porn addiction is a VERY strong addiction and he may need some additional help....it could be as simple as if you don't have access to it....it's less tempting or he could need some counseling.
    Anonymous

• I know a guy that spent $10,000 on porn on the internet. The girl is divorcing him.I feel so bad.....
    Anonymous

• No it is not grounds for divorce.
    Anonymous