what is a good/honest way to net $300 a month working from home? (pioc)

I need real ideas. No scams. No pyramid schemes. I have a college degree, and experience in the field of education, but I don't necessarily want to tutor right now. If I searched for work outside the home I would only want about 10 hours a week, and I could only be available for a couple of days a week, it would all have to work around my current career in household managment (LOL). It just seems like it would be easier to try and find some way to do it from home. I cannot afford to put out money to earn money, though, and am not looking for a business opportunity, simply a way to earn $300 a month to make up for what my husband's check doesn't cover. Got any ideas?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 3:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It’s too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I’ve been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My company is a legit company in the healthcare industry. You can visit: www.freedomathometeam.com/clanders for more information about us. Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I did ChaCha 2 hours a day 6 days a week and made a little over $300 a month... You could try that.

I no longger do it because I'm now makeing a great income from home with my business... But It's still available.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• What kind of jobs can you do from home that do not require you advertise for a company, or recruit others? Like editing or assembling or something, aren't there jobs like that out there? And, how do I find those? I know about the jobs where you get money buy recruiting others to the job and that is sort of what a lot of the online
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 3:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Checkout my Work At Home Story at www.MomsGoneGreen.blogspot.com
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It all depends on what you want to do, and what you are willing to do. It also depends on what you consider a scam. I work at home, and make double that in a weekend. I get paid--so apparently it isn't a scam. I can't get arrested for it, it is legal, and it's fun. It makes more than double the minimum wage.

www.slumberpartiesbypolly.com

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 4:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• romanceparty4u, trust me, if I didn't have any future plans of getting back into the field of education I would be interested in the whole "naughty lady" party thing. But, school boards do background checks and rarely want someone working in their school that has a past in what could loosely be considered (by conservatives) the soft core sex industry.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 4:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• LOL---nursing does background checks and my license is in good standing--and I still have the option to go back to it.
    Actually we do have some teachers that are Slumber Parties consultants. They just don't bring it to work with them. You don't poop where you eat so to speak. They market and do the parties outside of their school district. Which makes sense. I wouldn't sell avon at work either.
    And---it isn't an employer, it doesn't come up in a background check. Convictions, felonies, misdemeanors and previous employment do, but not having a home based business (unless that business is illegal)
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 4:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• it isn't the same though. you'd have to know what the conservative school boards around here are like. Even going through credentialling, you are cautioned not to involve yourself in anything that could be considered riskay (sp?) I'm sure teachers out there do, but I'd rather not risk the serious debt I've gone into for my education by doing something that may lead to me not being able to gain work in my field. Plus, I live in a small town, word gets out, people know people. It wouldn't be worth it to me. I don't know what type of oathes you take for nursing (though I could ask my mom , she's done it forever) but when you are granted your credential you have to take a morality oath. And it would look badly if one of your students parents somehow found out you were selling dongs and love lube, and all it would take was for that parent to start some crap. Trust me, it happens.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 5:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• www.womenforhire.com http://www.fahtinformation.com Good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008