Can this all just be that I am on Mirena and nothing else?

I have been on Mirena for 2 years now. About 3 months ago my period stopped and I have been told that this could happen. I have had a lot of mood swings and for some reason my boobs are getting bigger. Could this just be Mirena messing with my hormones? BTW I took a pg test it said neg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• i would go to the doctor i go next week to get my mirena put in and they said when you get preg it may come up negative due to the mirena and if you are the mirena could be harmful to the baby i'd call the doctor and tell them whats goin on.
    Anonymous

• Yup Mirena has the exact side effects your talking about. I would still call the Dr and get an appointment for a check up and blood work. It may be time to consider another form of BC.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008