please, help with the hair!

My son is 5 and in pre-k. He has crazy hair that does nothing. I need some ideas on what to do with it. Pics would be helpful :)

Kimeley

Asked by Kimeley at 9:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• crew cut? :/
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 9:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• post a pic of him if you can. Its hard to give sugg when we cant see the actual hair
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• buzz it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I'd say cut it really short; crew cut is always cute on little guys!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:49 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I agree a nice short cut will be easy to take care of
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• take him to a barber and ask them what to do with a little boy, its better than a salon for boys
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Can't go wrong with a crew cut on a little boy.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think in the warmer months hair cut short is great but in the winter not so much. My son had hair like your sons and if you get it cut a certain way you can train the hair to be combed back in a certain way that you like provided it's been cut to grown that way.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Very cute boy! I would ask them to cut it a little shorter around the sides (and around the ears) while leaving it a little longer on the top, ask them to texturize the bangs a little too. They can leave some sideburns, if you like them. This is a haircut that doesn't look long, shaggy and wild, but not as close as a crew cut either. Good luck!

I wouldn't take him to a barber, they tend to know one or two ways to cut. Take him to a childs place like kidsnips or snippets, if you have one, with these directions. They should know just what to do!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• oops, meant to add that my child has done a few commercials and he has some crazy blond hair too. This is the cut I usually ask for, it always turns out well. Good luck!!!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011