cleaning question

I love cleaning houses and have been doing so for a few years now my problem is a few of the people i cleaned for cant afford it now. I know that there are alot of colledge kids and people that clean apartments after people move out does anyone know of how to get into that? thank you

Malibu1979

Asked by Malibu1979 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Craigslist is a good way to start but be careful. It's also called scheduled mugging by some.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 9:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Try contacting building management companies; the ones that run apartment complexes, etc. Also new home builders (they clean the homes after construction).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• What a great question. I recently started my own cleaning career. Well more like a hobby since I only do it a couple hours a week. I put an ad up online. After a few weeks I was getting way too many calls so I took it back down. So I would start online.

You could also print up some business cards and pass them out to apartment owners. Often times you can leave ads at grocery stores and at your library for free. Ask around.

We've got a family friend that cleans brand new homes (getting them ready for people to move in) and she charges $500-$700 and it usually only takes her one day to get it ready. She does have to take her own cleaning supplies with her. And I think she goes out of her way to make it welcoming.. ie.) flowers, scents, etc.

Continue:
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:36 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Also she can choose when and if she works. Plus she gets to take her kids with her. They are a little older though. If that is something you are interested in start talking to real estate agents that work with selling new homes.

You may want to think about starting a company so that your business cards look more professional. That will probably cost less than $100 to do.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Post a flyer with the little pull-tabs (e-mail or text, I don't think kids like to call these days) for how to contact you in the student centers/common areas/library/etc...
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Get in touch with your local real estate folks.They always need house prepped,or rentals cleaned and painted .Have aprice list of duties you are willing to do.This will also help build a customer base quickly.Good luck!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011