favorite gift?

what craft do you love for your kids to make to give to others as gifts? what was your favorite gift your child(ren) have ever made you?

for grandmom i make a hand print craft every year for xmas. one year was a dish towel with their hand prints on it framed, one year was a plaster hand print set... etc

my kids made me a 'box-o-crafts' for my bday. it was a cereal box wrapped with paper and decorated filled with a bunch of cards, art work and poems they made for me. :)

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 9:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Take a medium gift box. next take thick string and soak it in glue. different sizes so you can make different shapes. from a circle, square, triangle, etc. let dry unless its fast acting dry. Then take foil and put over the box and string. Now flatten it to show the shapes. You can add paint that adheres to foil or crayons. Put a Ziploc plastic bag inside the box and add a plant. Vines are hearty and can withstand any child's choices as to how to care for that plant until its given to the designated person. It helps them with motor skills, being creative, and about caring for plants! Oh, Did I mention its a lot of fun? LOL

gardening

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 10:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My favorite gift this year was a LookBook its like a Kindle, its really great I can buy books on it without ever leaving home and most the time they are cheaper. Plus it comes with about 150 free books, all the classics
    moduinne

Answer by moduinne at 9:53 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my favorite gift from girls was hand prints. But for others like grandparents I did make placemats with paper and stickers, dates, and then cover them with pastic and they loved them.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I often take my daughters to a pottery painting studio to make homemade gifts. They are always well-received, and they are fun to do. We also like to do needlework on floursack towels or on handkerchiefs.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011