if you were adopted would you have to search for your real parents?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 10:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Well.. I'm not adopted so I can't really say.. But just the way my personality is..I would say yes, I would.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No, because if I were adopted my parents would have kept in touch with the birth family. I know this because my younger brother is adopted and my parents have kept in touch with his grandparents (his parents are not worth keeping in touch with).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• would you HAVE to search for your real parents? I don't know. But I guess if you need your medical history then maybe you would HAVE to. But the question would be "Would you WANT to find your real family".
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Mmm, medical history would have been nice. But outside of that NO, my parents are amazing. I would have no emotional need, other than siblings maybe, to contact the birth mom, except to say thank you for giving me to the best people in the world
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I was adopted and I have my birth mother and birth fathers names they have my information too at 18 the agency informed me it would be available to them if they should request it. I had no desire to contact them and so far in 20 years they have not contacted me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• well according to my blood type there is no way I could possibly be my fathers biological child. However, that changes nothing. I am still his daughter, and he will forever be my daddy. NOTHING will change that. I am a bit curious as to who is my real father but the only reason I would want to know is for medical history information.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Definatley...I dated a guy who was adopted. He had no interest in finding anything out about his family and i struggled with that. I would be itching to know about them, who i look like, what made them make the choice to have me adopted....what was going through their minds, what had happened in their lives since and did they think of me...PLUS medical info. I would absolutley have to find them.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 11:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Nope. Neither have to nor want to. My medical history starts with ME.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• It depends on what the parents who adopted me are like.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• i am adopted from russia and i wouldnt search for my parents
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011