Can I block text messages to a landline phone?

My daughter's friends mom sends a ton of text forwards (which I hate anyway). We just switched phone companies and now she's sending them to our home phone. We use cable for our phone, is there anyway to block text messages from coming in? I don't want to offend the mom by saying anything, I'm just tired of picking up the phone to a recording.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Technology

• Maybe. Call your telephone company.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I did not even know you could send them to a landline. I would call the phone company. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• You really should tell her, I'm sure she'd understand.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I agree with calling your phone company about it, but I also agree that you should say something to this woman. Who knows how many other people she torments with these stupid recordings, and perhaps she doesn't even realize it.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• The only reason why we get them is because our new home number starts with the same prefix as many cell numbers since ATT is the only company that can assign new numbers using the regular prefix. If we had a regular phone number then no, she could not send them.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I think you should say something. It is annoying to get forwards all the time and if you're getting them on a home phone, even worse to me. I have asked people to refrain from sending me forwards. One friend still does from time to time, but very infrequently. I have no use for those texts.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:34 AM on Jan. 12, 2011