Tummy Time..

Ok moms i need help. My daughter wil lbe 5 months next week and everytime i put her on her belly for tummy time, she screams bloody murder almost. Do you have any ideas that could help me that would make it better for her so she doest cry so she can get used to it? I have tried everything i can think of. I've put blankets under her to see if the softness would help and it doesn't. I've even laid next to her and played with her toys with her, it only last for a few minutes. HELP PLEASE!

Mandalxl

Asked by Mandalxl at 10:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to lay in the floor on my back and put my knees in the air, then lay my babies on top of my shins. They liked that they could see my face, and it still exercised their neck muscles. It didn't help with their arm muscles because they couldn't push up, but it also got them used to that position.

Answer by missanc at 10:39 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• See my kids were the opposite. They HATED being on their backs.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My son was like that too for awhile (he is 5 months old) so i started propping him tummy down on a Boppy pillow.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 1:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my daughter is the same way, i would just lay next to her and leave her on her tummy, she would relax after a few minutes. she still cries when i put her on her tummy at first, but shes fine after like 2 minutes.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I bought this mat at walmart that has this pillow with toys attached to it that helps with tummy time. My son tolerates it. Hes' not a big fan of tummy time either. I start with a minute or so at first and gradually increase the time. I give him tummy time several times through out the day.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would keep encouraging tummy time even if she screams bloody mary. It's good for them and at some point she would want to do it
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2011