I think my friend might be mad at me....

She keep children in her home (she has 5) well before she took on her last one she asked if I would help out on days she has ALL of them. I told her I would and she said she would give me $20 for everyday I helped out. Well most of them are part time kids so she only has all of them like one day a week. I found some other kids I could keep at the childs house making $180 a week and I also can bring the child I keep with me. I told her about it and she didn't sound to happy. She kept saying I don't think that lady sounds nice and other things. Well I can't just live off an extra $20 a week being "on call" for her. Yes if I didn't have anything else to do I would be glad to do this. What would yall do if yall were me? keep the new kids or just help a friend out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would keep the kids where you make more.. and if she doesn't want you to then I guess she would need to find another sitter. She cannot expect you, when you are clearly helping her out, to turn down other opportunities.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I would do what was best for ME and MY family...
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Keep the new kids - you have to do what's best for your family. If she is a good friend she is going to understand the situation. You were helping her out as needed, it's not like you were committed to being there a certain number of days per week.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• So, some of these kids are step kids ect? I would say if she can't handle them without outside help then those who don't live there should stay with the parents they are usually with. If she is really your friend, she should be happy that you have found such a good oportunity
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Keep the kids and make money on your own. If she couldn't handle all the kids, she should not have taken them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I agree w/ Zaky, GL!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011