yikes! exes family is so toxic

anyone have an ex family that is toxic, turned you into a monster in their minds
but...
after time things calm down and they are more mentally stable, seeing life how it is and not the anger filled one that have created... the anger is toward me! they have always known the kids came first adn said i was a great mom, to my child and the two that were not mine... so now, after break up.. i have become the bad guy?

i know blood thicker than water, but be real! can not make that much stuff up in your head to justify the family member that is really at fault and/or sick in his head... or can people really do that ...change facts around to protect a family member

reality still exists, is it something that can be twisted around to be able to still love a loved one that is obvisously screwed up

how far does a family go to look the other way when a loved one of theirs has an addiction

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds like they are enablers, which means they are as sick as he is. Even if he were to get better, they would probably still be sick and have twisted thinking. Good luck with that.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Is it possible that they are all mentally unstable? Not just the ex? That kind of thing can run in the family. If he's an addict, it could be that he's predisposed to it. And his entire family is just screwed up. And hid it well before.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Hmm... my ex's family is nuts and they totally made me out to be the villian when we were married. (Ppl who speak Spanish will understand, they called me "La Chinguita Huera" all the time. When we split up, they put it on me too, until he admitted to them that I was leaving because he had been busted on his 3rd affair. Then he started dating some British wench with 3 rotten children, and she and her kids abused my sons. (She PUNCHED my oldest son in the face when he was 3!) When I found out about it, I threw a holy hell fit and threatened to send her back to the UK in Hefty bags.

Suddenly, his family ADORED me.....

Needless to say, I'm well glad to be out of that marriage. That whole family was off-kilter.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• that is it
    enablers

thanks
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2011