Did Your Kids Share Christmas Presents Nicely?

I have 1 GR-son who just does not like to share and then when the other Gr-son does it back all H- - - breaks out. Not so much with anyone but the 1st Gr-son who originally won't share & the Dad who has him SOOOOOO spoiled that's why he's the way he is. My DD can pretty much disfuse the situation, but if she's not in the room, then it's an all out war, and some times it disrupts the entire family. My one Gr-son is getting so he doesn't want to even be around the other one he's so spoiled by my SIL, and I can't blame him. Otherwise the 2nd Gr-child will share with all the kids and there is no problem. They are 8 & 9 the spoiled 1 being 8.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We work on sharing, my children are 1 and 3.. They are learning, but sharing is hard
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• No my kids dont really like to share. My dd is 5 and son is 10 and I have one of my oldest also at home who is 17. My 10 & 5 yr old dont really like sharing much but my 10 yr old will share more then the 5 yr old. My 5 yr old is the baby and a girl so she is definitely spoiled. Her brother also lives part time with his dad, so she doesnt normally HAVE to share with anyone since besides him the next one is 17 so it isnt like hes into the same stuff she is. Now she does fight with my 4 yr old grandson over toys. They are equally in it though.

Answer by gemgem at 11:08 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Ds likes to share. When we had opened all his presents he told me he wanted to give some of his old toys to other kids because he had too many. He tried sharing with his cousins but they are only a few months old so that didn't really work. LOL. He is a good kid in that respect. He is 5.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Yes, but my kids are 11 and 16 and we've taught sharing right from the start.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2011