• In the Spotlight:

how was your second or third labour?

was your second time labour any faster,than first one? how far along were you,when you went into the hospital? if you baby was born prematurely,did he go into the nicu?
if you had a healthy delivery,was you baby healthy as well? how soon were you albe to breastfeed????

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My second labor was very fast, I stayed home until the last minute and the baby was born 20 minutes after I got to the hospital. He was healthy and I started nursing right away. Because my second child was born so fast with my third child I was induced. She took a little longer, although was still only about 5 hours of labor. She was healthy and I starting nursing right away.

Remember everyone is different so it is hard to go based on what other people have experienced.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My second labor was not faster, it took longer and I had back labor for hours. If I had a third it would be a planned c-section after that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:56 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• 2nd labor was very fast compared to first one, also alot more pain as I went from having barely noticable contractions to full blown "I wanna die and this crap sucks" contractions in about 10 minutes lol. Her birth was also a breeze compared to my son. He was a big baby and hurt, even with the epidural. My daughter was tiny and kinda just slit out
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My second and third labor was not much from the first except had to be induced due to high blood pressure. Sooner cause medicine to help things along.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my first labor was 12 hours...my second was 6 hours...it was 10 times easier
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I don't know I am only 35 1/2 weeks into my second baby...I will let you know in a few weeks lol
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I have a two month old daughter and right before I had her I read on here, cafemom that women would have worst labors with the more kids they had so I was a bit nervous. I have four kids and with each one I had quicker deliveries. Even with having twins in the middle. My newest daughter was born within the hour of having my first contraction and three pushes she was out. My very first was 2 hours and 15 mintues of pushing!
    I was able to breast feed with all four right after delivery, although with having twins I was not able to. Just to hard with their high demand. All four kids came within weeks of the due date.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• My 2nd one was alot harder then my first. First baby was 4.5 hours. Second was more then 12 hours. Third was 2 hours. Fourth was 13 hours, and 5th was 7 hours.
    None of mine were premies. My husband had a son who was a premie and died after one week.

I started breastfeeding with all of the kids within 15 minutes of their births.

Answer by gemgem at 11:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I had three, my first one was 3 hours my second 2, and my third less than that, it was an emergency c section!

Answer by older at 11:08 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• second was only two hours and he was born at 37 weeks.
    Third was induced and was only 6 hours at 38 weeks ( medically induced)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2011